Do your New Year’s resolutions include getting more organized? Do you look around your home and wish you had more room/organization in your basement, garage, attic, or even your living spaces? If so, it may be time for a good cleanout with junk removal.
Check out our tips below to make this process as easy as possible.
The Top Tips to Cleanout Your Home
- Set aside enough time. Look at the big picture. How much do you have to sort through and organize? Be realistic with yourself. Don’t try to tackle it all at once – set up a schedule that you can stick to without feeling overwhelmed.
- Have a plan. We suggest setting up three areas – a keep, discard, and donate area. The keep area will sit there until you are done as it needs to then be organized. The discard pile will become a part of your junk removal, and the donate area is something you can handle bit by bit, as you decide the best place to donate it.
- Start cleaning. Once you have a plan, it’s time to put it into action. Work in small spurts and in one area at a time. Don’t let yourself get overwhelmed by looking at the entire basement or garage and thinking you could never get it all done. Choose one small area, even if it’s a tiny corner and clean it. Chances are that you’ll feel motivated to keep going once you clear that small area.
- Take breaks. Cleanouts are exhausting both physically and emotionally. Give yourself time to recoup. If you feel overwhelmed, walk away and start again another day. Don’t let yourself feel pressured or exhausted to the point that you make irrational decisions just to get it done.
Handling the Junk Removal
Once you have your piles, it’s time for junk removal. Clearing the area of the items you no longer want, whether they are broken, old, or just don’t serve a purpose, will clear the area and your mind. Think about how you want to go about removing the junk. Do you want:
- Someone to come into your home and physically remove it for you now that you’ve sorted it
- A dumpster in your driveway that you fill up on your own and the junk removal company takes away
You have options – you are in control. The key is to start somewhere. The longer the junk sits in your basement, garage, attic, or even living space, the more it clutters up your house and your mind.
If you are ready to get rid of the junk in your home, give us a call. We will gladly help you find the package that suits your needs, helping you reach your New Year’s resolutions right away. Why not start the New Year off on the right foot? Start by organizing and enlisting the top junk removal service in the area today.
GREAT ARTICLE, THANKS FOR THE GOOD TIPS